Learn the truth about siteground vs hostgator in the next 60 seconds.If you’re like a lot of bloggers, then you’ve probably thought about getting a web hosting account.
Most people eventually narrow their choice down between the following two products:
They are both great products. However, after using both of these web hosting services extensively for the past months, I’ve discovered that one of these products actually holds a surprising advantage over the other. Read on to find out which one…
5 Reasons Why People Like Siteground.
This hosting provider does a really good job of hosting your own website.
That’s largely due to the following four features:
- Reliability: High Uptime (99.99%)
SiteGround prefers in-house crafted solutions to ensure high-quality hosting experience. Plus their platform is built on Linux that provide great stability in times of unexpected traffic spikes.
- Performance: Speed is crucial for the success of your website.All Site ground servers are highly optimized for speed. They are equipped with latest hardware like SSD drives and custom software to make sure that your site is super fast.
- Customer Support: Can you count on their customer support?
SiteGround provides support for well beyond only hosting related issues. I was so impressed by my interaction with him. He was genuine, friendly and helpful. He took the time to answer all my questions.
Case in point: our experience was FANTASTIC.
SiteGround offers shared hosting, WordPress hosting, cloud hosting, and dedicated hosting plans. If you are just starting out, then their shared hosting plans would be a perfect fit for your needs. However, your site will eventually grow, and you want to make sure that they have other plans that you can upgrade to.
Despite these great advantages, however, there are two problems with site ground.
Namely, their plans come with fixed storage. However that may not be a big deal to those who are just starting out but those who need quite large space will want to take note.
Secondly,there is a $14.95 setup fee if you choose monthly billing.But if you sign up for a longer billing period, then you’ll get bigger discount and no setup fee, so it’s a good idea to choose a longer billing period when you sign up.Again if money is not an issue,don’t fret!
Thirdly, their affiliate program is closed for some other countries when you try to apply directly without being a customer like me,however I realized they automatically give you an affiliate link when you become a customer.I found out later by mistake when I had totally given up about their affiliate program.
What You Know About Hostgator And What You Don’t Know About Hostgator.
This is also a great web hosting company. In particular, this product shines when you need to [accomplish some goal in a particular way]. What’s more, it also comes with these neat features that you’ll be hard-pressed to find anywhere else:
- Reliable hosting: Hostgator guarantees an uptime of 99.99%. If you experience downtime below that, then you will get back one month credit on your account.
- Money back guarantee: Host gator offers 45 days money back guarantee. Normally, web hosting companies do not offer a money back guarantee exceeding 30 days.
- Flexible billing periods: You can choose between monthly and yearly billing periods. Longer billing periods will get you the most discount.
- Free migration: Host gator offers free migration service with all new accounts.Their expert team will transfer your website from your previous host at no extra cost during the first 30 days of signing up
This product is solid, well built, and thorough, which means you’re likely to find any glaring faults with it. However, those who hate aggressive selling may be disappointed. That’s you need to review the additional services pre selected during the sign up process.
Now, I did find a way to get around this tiny flaw. If you are unsure, then uncheck them anyways. You can always add them later when needed.
Siteground vs. Hostgator: Which One Wins?
As mentioned at the beginning of this article, both of these are solid products.However, overall I’d have to award siteground as the overall
best hosting service. That’s because site ground provides fast and reliable web hosting service with great customer support.
They have hosting plans for every budget and each plan comes with great set of features.
All their shared hosting plans include SSD storage, easy setup of Let’s Encrypt free SSL and Cloudflare CDN service, 1-click WordPress installer, and free migration.
Bottom line, if you’re looking to host your own website , then you won’t go wrong by choosing site ground hosting. Check it out for yourself by going to http://make500inaday.com/siteground.
Thanks for reading this siteground vs hostgator review.If you love this article you will also like Why I Love Get Response Email Marketing Software.